Today a new set of 7D Mark II specification hit the web, according to the rumored specification the Canon will implement a advance Dual-pixel AF sensor inside the upcoming Canon 7D Mark II camera but no multi-layer dual-pixel AF sensor is coming as rumored earlier.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Rumored Specifications
- Kit lenses: 18-135 IS STM and 15-85 IS STM (This would be a new lens)
- CF, UDMA mode 7 + SD, UHS-I
- No GPS or WiFi
- Fixed LCD, with no touch function.
- 20.2MP “Fine Detail” CMOS Sensor (I want more information on this)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC 6 Processors
- 65 AF points “All Cross-type”. Dual cross on the center point.
- ISO 100-12800, ISO Boost mode 25600 and 51200
- 1080p/720p both get 60fps
- Servo AF for video shooting.
- Anti-flicker mode, eliminates flickers under flickering lights (e.g. fluorescent lamps).
- Spot metering size 1.8%
- Built-in flash with radio trigger function.
- Mic and headphones connectors
- Can sync time between 7D II cameras.
- Lens electronic MF
- About 100% coverage OVF
We already discussed the two possibility of Canon upcoming DSLR and this is the second one (single layer AF sensor) +1 we also said that Canon is testing single layer dual-pixel AF sensor for 7D MkII — see here, Canon will sure announce two different type of camera in future.. one will have higher resolution and multilayer sensor and another one is single layer sensors with Dual pixel AF technology, fusion of both the technology is expected but not so soon.